K9 and Feline Daycare Services, LLC Day Care Boarding, and Home Visit Policies
K9 and Feline Daycare Services, LLC (hereinafter referred to as “Facility”) maintains and enforces the following policies regarding day care, boarding, and home visits:
1. Reservation Deposit: Reservations require a deposit of $15.00 made at the time of booking.
2. Pets attending day care during a regular mealtime or being boarded at our Facility must be dropped off with food in a resealable container along with feeding instructions (which may be provided on our Registration and Release Form). If our Facility must provide food, an additional charge of $3.00 per feeding will be assessed.
3. Pets should be dropped off for day care or boarding with any medication that may need to be administered during their time at our Facility, along with the name of the medication, the reason the pet is on the medication, and the frequency and dosage instructions (which may be provided on our Registration and Release Form). Our facility does have a refrigerator for the storage of medication that must be kept cold. We do not administer syringe medications.
4. All pets must wear a collar at all times while at our Facility. Dogs must be dropped off with a leash that can be clipped to their collar. For home visits to dogs that will include a walk, a collar and leash must also be provided.
5. Owners are welcome to bring pets to our Facility with their own bedding, blankets, and toys. However, please be aware that some guests chew or destroy items such as bedding and toys that they might not usually chew on at home. Owners should understand that the belongings they bring with their pet may not be returned to them.
6. Our Facility does accept pets that are not spayed or neutered. However, Owners must understand that the Facility is not responsible, and that they are solely responsible, for any consequences that may occur as the result of their pet not being spayed or neutered.
7. Vaccination Policy: As a general policy, unless an exception is made we require pets to be current on the following vaccines at least 24 hours before drop off:
Dogs: Bordatella, distemper, and rabies
Cats: Feline leukemia, feline distemper, and rabies
8. Owners must notify our Facility of any exposure of their pet to a virus, infection or other transferable illness and may not bring their pet to our Facility until the pet is symptom free for a reasonable period to be determined by the pet’s veterinarian. Owners may not bring their pet to our Facility if the pet is exhibiting any signs of illness that may be harmful to the other pets in attendance, such as: vomiting, diarrhea, extreme lethargy, etc. without first obtaining approval from the Facility.
9. In the event a pet becomes ill or if the state of the pet’s health otherwise requires professional attention, we will make every effort to contact the Owner first. If the Owner cannot be reached, or if the pet requires emergency attention, the Facility, in its sole discretion, may engage the K9 and Feline Daycare Services, LLC Day Care, Boarding, and Home Visit Policies services of a veterinarian or administer medicine or give requisite attention to the pet, and the expenses thereof shall be paid by the Owner. Owner gives consent to the Facility to act in the Owner’s behalf in obtaining emergency veterinary care at Owner’s expense if deemed necessary by the Facility or any of its employees.
10. Our Facility reserves the right to remove a pet from group play and place them in a separate play area, if in its sole discretion it is believed necessary to ensure the safety of the pet, other pets or its employees.
11. Boarding Cancellation Policy: A deposit of $15.00 will be taken for the first night's stay upon making reservations for any boarding appointment. Cancellations must be received 48 hours prior to drop off time for deposits to be refunded/credited to Owner’s account.
12. Late Pickup Policy: Owner agrees that if they are more than 10 minutes late picking up their pet from day care after the agreed-upon pickup time, they will be charged for a full hour of daycare. If a pet is not picked up from boarding by the close of business on the arranged pickup day, the pet will have to stay the night and the owner will incur the extra day's boarding rate.
13. Travel Fee: If we are engaged to provide home visits to a pet home located more than 15 miles from our facility, the Owner will be assessed an additional $10.00 travel fee per visit.